Pages

3.18.2011

A Blockwork Orange

As if I don't have enough going on, I up and decided I wanted to be in a modern block swap a few weeks ago.

When I didn't come across any with openings, I created my own!
BlockworkOrange icon
Thus, A Blockwork Orange was born.

We have 29 members and are making Crazy Nine Patch blocks using Oh! Fransson's tutorial. It's a lot of fun so far, and I've already begun to receive packages from ladies who got done super early!

A Blockwork Orange fabric selection

Everyone is using the yummiest orange fabrics and it's really getting me in the mood for spring!


Here are a few more pictures of completed blocks that I've pulled from our Flickr Photo Pool...Blockwork Orange Fourth 9

A Blockwork Orange - / Crazy 9 Patch /3
A Blockwork Orange Bee- Blocks 10-18
orange blocks 10-18
Aren't they looking awesome?!

Everyone is creating blocks in sets of 9 (as the tutorial demonstrates) and sending them in, once I get everyone's blocks I will send back the same amount of blocks but from a bunch of different sewists!

Who knew there were so many different orange fabrics?!


2 comments:

Lexilooo said...

how fun! I am going to check out your page now! love oranges :)

Anonymous said...

Those look great! I love the orange. I used to be just a green and brown gal, but am branching out to more colors these days!